Commons In A Box 1.5.1 is now available! This release includes a number of important plugin updates, and also fixes a few bugs with mobile layout and site menus. Visit https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/commons-in-a-box/milestone/30?closed=1 to learn more about the release, and update your installation using the WordPress plugin update tools.
Commons In A Box 1.5.0 is now available. This update includes compatibility fixes for the latest versions of WordPress, BuddyPress, and PHP. It also includes a number of new features for the OpenLab package, including:
- A new “External Files” tool for the group File Library
- Support for search within group discussions
- The ability to upload a default Profile Photo for users
Get CBOX 1.5.0 via the WordPress Dashboard, or at https://wordpress.org/plugins/commons-in-a-box/
Commons In A Box 1.4.0 is now available!
This major update includes improved compatibility with the latest versions of WP and PHP, and the following features in the OpenLab package:
- A “template chooser” tool for new sites: Admins create and curate a categorized list of template sites, and users creating new sites can choose from these templates when creating a site of their own.
- A new tool for creating, editing, and sorting Academic Terms, such as “Fall 2023” and “Spring 2024”. Group admins then select a relevant Academic Term from a dropdown rather than typing it into a free-text field.
- Extensive improvements to the Attributions tool, including better performance on mobile.
- Extensive improvements to the Import/Export tool, including clearer UI for downloading different types of export packages, and easier selection of content when importing.
Update your Commons In A Box installation using WordPress’s update tools, or download the most recent version via the wordpress.org plugin repository.
Commons In A Box 1.3.4 is now available. With the PHP 7.x series nearing the end of security support, the CBOX 1.3.4 maintenance focuses on ensuring compatibility with PHP 8+.
Download the latest Commons In A Box from the wordpress.org plugin repository, or update your installation from your WordPress Dashboard.
Commons In A Box 1.3.3 is now available!
This maintenance release fixes a number of issues in the OpenLab package, including some accessibility fixes. The release also brings plugins up to date, and provides full compatibility with the latest WordPress and BuddyPress. For complete details, visit the 1.3.3 milestone on GitHub.
Update your Commons In A Box in your WordPress Dashboard, or download from wordpress.org today.
Commons In A Box 1.3.2 is now available. This maintenance release includes updates to BuddyPress and a few other plugins, as well as fixes for some minor localization bugs.
Update via Dashboard > Plugins, or download directly from the wordpress.org plugin repository.
Commons In A Box 1.3.1 is now available! This maintenance release includes a number of plugin stability updates, as well as some styling and permissions fixes for the OpenLab package. For complete details, view the plugin changelog or visit the 1.3.1 milestone on our GitHub repository: https://github.com/cuny-academic-commons/commons-in-a-box/milestone/20?closed=1
Questions or comments? Head over to the CBOX forums https://commonsinabox.org/support-forums
Commons In A Box 1.3.0 is now available!
This major release includes compatibility with the latest WordPress and BuddyPress, as well as a host of other plugin updates.
On the OpenLab side, CBOX 1.3.0 introduces a number of new features, such as:
- A new Attributions plugin, for creating bibliographies and inline citations in site content
- A new Creative Commons widget for use on user sites
- A new Creators feature, which gives group admins more control over how their group’s Acknowledgements are displayed on the group and shared with clones
- A new Private Comments plugin for use on user sites
Update today from your WordPress Dashboard, or by downloading the plugin from https://wordpress.org/plugins/commons-in-a-box/.
Commons In A Box 1.2.4 is now available. This release is focused on compatibility with the latest versions of WordPress, and also includes a number of fixes to functionality in the OpenLab package.
Visit https://wordpress.org/plugins/commons-in-a-box/ to download the new version, or upgrade at Network Admin > Dashboard > Plugins.
This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!