Hotmail, Outlook.com, Live, and MSN 365 accounts are powered by Microsoft. If you are not a Windows Live Hotmail or Outlook user, here are some useful facts that may add many tips for thought about this mail service.
How to sign in to Hotmail.com or Outlook.com?
Your Hotmail email account can be accessed via your mobile device or through a web browser from your Windows computer or Mac OS computer. The set of instructions provided below will guide you through the login process.
Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser
- Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail login in page: https://outlook.live.com/owa/ – Click Sign in.
- Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next.
- Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to you.
Login to your Hotmail account via a mobile device (IOS – Android)
- Get the Outlook app: The first thing you would want to do is to download the Outlook App which is easy to find in your Google Play Store or App store.
- Enter your Hotmail email address: Browse through your mobile apps and launch your Outlook app. Go to Settings Then Add Account. The next step is to enter your full Hotmail email in the field provided then tap Continue.
- @hotmail.com or @outlook.com: Please ensure you have included the “@hotmail.com or @outlook.com” extension in your email address before you Tap Continue.
- Enter your email address password: On the next screen, you will be required to enter your password for Hotmail email account. Enter your email account password and tap Sign in or Next.
- What is done to my personal content? Syncing and more: Outlook requires permission to sync your personal content such as your calendar, contacts and more. To allow the app to sync your data, Tap Yes or Allow to give the Outlook App permission to start the syncing process. This allows your data to be available seamlessly from any of your devices.
- There you go, finally! Once you have completed the above-mentioned steps, you are now ready to use Outlook for Android. Enjoy the experience.
Hotmail Sign in problems – Recover account of Hotmail/Outlook
Hotmail sign in problems
Having to remember passwords of many different accounts or setting passwords which are too difficult to remember,..vv. Those are some reasons that make you forget your account information and can not log in to your account.
Recover your Hotmail account
Hotmail (Outlook) provides you with 3 ways to get back your account as well as password by using your phone number, alternative email address, personal information which you had used when registering…
Click to open Microsoft account recovery form
What is Hotmail?
Windows Live Hotmail is more than just sending and receiving email messages. Once you are a current account holder of a Hotmail account, your email account is used as your Windows Live ID thereby allowing you to experience a variety of services offered by Microsoft.
This and the fact that you can access your account anywhere, at any time and from any location from your mobile device or from your Windows or Mac computer. Mobile technology has gone through great leaps and bounds for users to enjoy and take full advantage of being mobile. Enjoy this experience with a Windows Live Hotmail account.
Questions you might ask
Q – How do I sign out of Hotmail?
A – Click your profile picture in the top, right corner of the menu bar, and click Sign out.
Q – How do I find the Options menus?
A – Click Settings located at the top, right menu bar. There, you will be provided with several links to change options in Hotmail to modify your view.
Q – What is the best way to attach a photo to a message or calendar event?
A – When you create a new message or calendar event, click on the Picture icon above the message text area. Browse to a location on your computer for the photo or use the cloud storage option to insert the photo in the message.
Q – When reading email, I don’t see the up and down arrows to read the previous or next message.
A – The up and down arrows and other features of the menu bar should always be present for you to view. If you are not seeing the arrows, then you should try resizing the browser to a smaller size and then back to your preferred setting. The Outlook team is also working on a fix to solve this issue.
- Change your password in Outlook.com
- 8 Tips to Make Your Passwords as Strong as Possible
- How to set up two-step verification on your Outlook and Microsoft Accounts
- Close your Outlook.com account
- Hotmail vs Gmail vs YahooMail: What email should YOU use? Is one safer than the other?
- How can I link an old Hotmail account to Gmail?
- Sign in to Gmail (Computer – Android – iPhone & iPad)