If you haven’t already, make sure to check out the Technical Guide, which explains the technical requirements for Commons In A Box (CBOX).
Step 1: Download Commons In A Box Plugin
Download the Commons in a Box plugin by doing either of the following:
1. Go to your WordPress Network Admin Dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New. Search for Commons In A Box and click Install Now. Continue to Step Three below.
– OR –
2. Download the Commons in a Box zip file from the WordPress Repository. Continue to Step Two below.
Step 2: Upload Commons In A Box Plugin
If you downloaded the Commons in a Box zip file (option 2 above), go to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Plugins > Add New. Click on Upload Plugin and then click Choose File to find the Commons in a Box zip file you downloaded and saved in Step One. Click Install Now.
Step 3: Network Activate Commons In A Box Plugin
If you installed the plugin in by searching for it in the Plugins page of your WordPress Network Admin Dashboard, you will need to network activate the plugin. Following install,Click Network Activate Plugin.
You now have Commons in a Box on your site, but you still need to choose a CBOX package and run through the installation wizard. To begin, click Commons In A Box in the left-hand menu of the Dashboard.
Step 4: Installation Wizard
Select and Install a Package
1. Select the Classic package.
2. Confirm by clicking on Install.
3. You will see a pre-selected list of recommended plugins. You may deselect plugins here, if you choose. Or you can do this at a later date. Click Install.
4. CBOX Classic will start installing the recommended plugins you have chosen. Wait for the process to finish. Click on Continue to Theme Installation.
5. CBOX Classic is now installed. You should see the “One Last Step” message below. If you want to install the CBOX, click on Install Theme.
6. You will see the installation in progress. Once finished, click on “Continue to CBOX Dashboard.”
7. The installation process is complete. You should see The Commons In A Box Dashboard, below, which is a convenient place to Manage all your CBOX Plugins and Configure the Commons In a Box Theme.