CBOX OpenLab offers a unique suite of features designed to give users of all skill levels the ability to create vibrant online communities. Essentially a WordPress plugin, its intuitive, out-of-the-box set-up tool guides site administrators through each step of installation. Its powerful theme lets users fully customize their sites. The plugins it manages are totally configurable from the CBOX OpenLab dashboard, which controls updates and compatibility issues. The sitewide wiki enables members to collaboratively build a knowledge repository.
Take a couple minutes and install CBOX OpenLab and get started creating your own community!
Basic System Requirements
- WordPress installed on your site.
- Full access to your site’s underlying file system (Sites on WordPress.com won’t work).
If you plan to have a large membership or are running a multi-site installation, you will probably not want to run CBOX on a shared host, as performance may be disappointing. A more robust host is more appropriate. Follow this link for more information.
If your IT department is reluctant to install open source products, you may want to investigate other hosting opportunities.
Types of CBOX Users
CBOX OpenLab has code in place to recognize three types of users, and will tailor the installation process for each:
- Users who have a simple instance of WordPress installed
- Users who have a multi-site instance installed
- Users who are already running BuddyPress
Please note that CBOX can run on both single site and multi-site installations of WordPress. For more information about multi-site installations of WordPress and how to create a network, see this page in the WP Codex.
Ready to Get Started?
- Go to Plugins>>Add New and search for CBOX in the WP Repository or download the zip file from here.
- Review CBOX’s list of recommended and optional plugins to see what they do.
- You will need a BuddyPress theme. If you don’t already have your own BuddyPress theme up and running, we recommend our CBOX theme. It is awesome.
- Follow the steps highlighted in the Installation Guide.