We’re running a site at the following URL:
We recently (in March) went from a stand-alone site, to being a network (multi-site) site, with just one subsite because there were a couple plug-ins that we wanted to use, but could only use on a multi-site network
The site worked fine for a few weeks. Then, about a week before WordPress upgraded to version 3.9, possibly when it automatically upgraded to WP 3.8.3, our links simply stopped working.
You can go to the homepage, and click on any link, and you’ll get a “Not found” error message. The content is still on the site, but we simply can’t connect from the home page.
The only way I’ve been able to get (most of) the links to work again is to switch the WordPress “PermaLinks” setting back to “Default”, rather than “Post Name”, as I’ve got it now (the sub-menus items still don’t work when I do that). But BuddyPress won’t work with that option selected, so I set PermaLinks back to “Post Name.”
I was wondering if anyone had some insight into the problem, and if there’s anything I can do to fix it. I had been using a child them of the default “Commons” theme, and then reverted back to the default theme to see if that would help. But it had no effect.
I can provide details about what plugins we have installed and other details as necessary.
Thanks for any assistance you might be able to provide.